Kolby & His Aunt TT (aka Kelli)

Anyone who knows me, knows my sister means the world to me. We are SO close and she has helped me out SO much with my kids. She is a great sister & friend and I don't know what I would do without her. My kids also adore her. Kolby LOVES his aunt TT (for anyone who doesn't know why she is called TT, it's because he couldn't say his Ks and she really wanted him to say her name so we came up with TT, anyway...)She was over a few weeks ago and we were looking through Kolby's baby book and she pointed out (not very happy with me) that in everything I had written in his book ( I write to him every few months ) I had never talked about their relationship...which is crazy because from the beginning she has been there and loved him almost as much as me. So I asked her to come to the park so I could take a few photos of them together...I don't know if I mentioned I would blog about them though :) Anyway, Kolby loves Kelli. From the beginning, she was determined to teach him all sorts of things. I remember when he was probably 7 or 8 months old, she would let him climb off the couch, only holding his shirt...I would of course freak out because he was my precious little baby boy and she would always tell me to " relax, he's fine!" Her latest mission was to get him to be comfortable around animals...Every Monday she picks him up and takes him to the Sale Barn to eat lunch and see the horses, pigs, cows, goats, chickens...and whatever other animals are there. The first few times, he just freaked out when they saw them up close but after a few weeks, she managed to get him over his fear and he loves touching them and being close to see everything they are doing. Whenever I mention the Sale Barn to Kolby he says " TT take me to the sale barn on Monday mama!" with a huge smile. Kolby loves when she comes to see him because she always takes him to do something, whether it is just playing outside at our house, or going to the park...he even sobs sometimes when she leaves...They have a very special bond! I know that there are a handful of people that come close to loving Kolby as much as me and she is at the top of the list. I always tell her that if she loves my kids this much, she is going to go crazy with how much she will love her own. Well here are a few pics from about a month ago(Kolby isn't the easiest to take photos of, he is SO busy)...they melt my heart :)






3 comments:

  1. Those are such sweet pictures! That is so cool that you have your sister and she loves your kids like her own. What a special bond. You can replace that with anything!

    Looking forward to pictures on Monday, hopefully the weather cooperates!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was very sweet of you Ker to write about Kolby and I, the picures are cute too! You don't know how much it means to me to read the things you wrote...I'm very lucky to have all of you in my life. I love you very much!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These pictures are great!! Kelli seems SO good with kids! What a special bond she has with your little guy. :)

    ReplyDelete