Sad Days-Through a Mothers Eyes

This week has been filled with tears of sorrow. Deven's friend Reece Heeringa and his wife Natasha lost their 5 1/2 month old baby boy this week to SIDS. His name was Case and he was beautiful. I don't know them very well but my heart aches constantly for them. As a mother I know the love Natasha felt for him and to have him taken away from her is unbearable to think about. If it's this hard for me to even try and imagine something happening to one of my kids, I can't even begin to understand the pain her heart, mind and body are feeling right now. The love for your child is all consuming and never ending, it sends tingles from head to toe. From the moment you feel them moving inside of you, there is an unbreakable bond. The moment you see your baby's beautiful face and his innocent eyes staring at you for every answer, you know you couldn't possibly live without him. To even think of it takes my breath away and my chest feels like it will cave in. There are not words to say to Natasha that will make her feel better. From what I know of Natasha, she loves the Lord and in time, He will bring peace to her heart. I pray that He mends her brokenheart and that she may know God has prepared a special place for Case and he is waiting (in good company) for his mommy,daddy and brother Lane.
I read a poem today that I felt gave a perfect description of a mother and child.

The Cord
We are connected,
My child and I, by
An invisible cord
Not seen by the eye.

It's not like the cord
That connects us 'til birth
This cord can't been seen
By any on Earth.

This cord does it's work
Right from the start.
It binds us together
Attached to my heart.

I know that it's there
Though no one can see
The invisible cord
From my child to me.

The strength of this cord
Is hard to describe.
It can't be destroyed
It can't be denied.

It's stronger than any cord
Man could create
It withstands the test
Can hold any weight.

And though you are gone,
Though you're not here with me,
The cord is still there
But no one can see.

It pulls at my heart
I am bruised...I am sore,
But this cord is my lifeline
As never before.

I am thankful that God
Connects us this way
A mother and child
Death can't take it away!

The 3 verses that have been getting me through these past few days...
Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding;in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight.

Psalms 34:18 The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit.

John14:1-4 Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God;Trust also in me. In my Fathers house are many rooms; if it were not so, i would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am. You know the way to the place where I am going.

Please pray for the Heeringa family.

1 comment:

  1. Very well put Kerri! I have felt the same way these past few days, it put tears to my eyes reading your blog tonight again! Thanks for the verses. We can only pray that God will bring them peace during this hard time. Love, Katie Stauffer

    ReplyDelete