3 Already?!

If I like it, it's mine.
If it's in my hand, it's mine.
If I can take it from you, it's mine.
If I had it a little while ago, it's mine.
If it's mine, it must never appear to be yours in any way.
If I'm doing or building something, all the pieces are mine.
If it looks just like mine, it's mine.
If I think it's mine, it's mine.


My aunt Cora gave this to me a few months and all I can do when I read it is laugh because it describes Kolby completely (almost every toddler I'm sure), but it's these little things about our kids that may drive us nuts at the time but it is so humorous when we look back....as a mother of a high energy, strong willed and smart little boy, I have to often remind myself of that (this too shall pass as my mother in law always says). Kolby has taught me so much over the past 3 years, I am his mother and trying to teach him and guide him through this life but I think he teaches me everyday (he teaches me how to have patience that's for sure!) We have our moments; our great fun times and our "mommy pulling her hair out" times but when I look at him, I see a sweet, caring, funny, happy little boy and I am so thankful for him...Some people mistake his high energy, curiosity and stubborn nature as naughty, but I don't see him like that at all (in fact it bothers me when people say that)- I love his personality and those "challenging qualities" are such gifts and when he learns to use them correctly they will be such great qualities to have! I know, I have some of them :)
Well happy birthday to my amazing, adorable, fun and loving little boy!







2 comments:

  1. Great pictures!! And I love your Christmas card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I love the last picture of you and Kolby. Those first few moments are so amazing. 3 years old!!! Oh man, things need to slow down. xoxo

    ReplyDelete