Homeschool organization

Homeschool organization! For me that's everything from our weekly lesson planning to meal planning, to cleaning schedules! Last year was my first year and I feel a bit more on top of things this year because for the most part, I know what to expect :) I thought I'd share what I'm doing because I have learned from some inspiring veteran mom blogs out there and if for some random reason someone reads my blog, I hope this inspires them in some way too, just like I have been inspired and encouraged by those other ladies. First of all, keeping a clean and tidy home is important to me, but managing my time in order to do it is the hard part! So last year I came up with a cleaning schedule and it made such a difference for me! So here it is! Also, having meals planned out ahead of time saves me time and money...I go grocery shopping on Fridays and do food prep for the week so if I have all my meals planned out, my list is super easy to make and follow :) I got some of this from my favorite blogger "confessionsofahomeschooler.com" so be sure to check her out, she has AMAZING ideas for life! So now that I have those basic wife/mother duties figured out...I am left with homeschool organization and planning! I decided to use a "workbox" system this year but I am limited on space so I used wall file holders instead...Basically, each pouch has a file folder for Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday (those are the days I homeschool-the kids go to school Thursdays and Fridays)...I have also made a calendar that coincides with the pouches so I can just look at my calendar to see what we are doing and then put each paper/book/assignment in the files. I will have Thursdays be my "teacher planner" days where I put the following weeks stuff in the folders...Come Monday, everything will be ready to go! I chose to teach the kids the same for History and Science and then Math and Language Arts will be their grade level. We will also be doing Spanish this year! The school had a rosetta stone homeschool program so I am super excited to use it with the kids! Well here are some pics of our homeschool area! I also have examples of my workbox calendar...I have it planned out til Christmas break! Yay me :) Here is our area...we also have a wall for morning activities like calendar, weather, time, question of the day (which will either be from science or history)...And our white board will have their sight words...I will also use it when teaching Kamryn reading lessons (from Teach Your Child to Read in 100 Easy lessons-DISTAR reading program-Which I HIGHLY recommend!!) IF anyone is curious what curriculum we are using this year here it is: Math: Saxon Language Arts: Explode the Code and other workbooks Science: Apologia: Human Body History: Mystery of History-Volume 1- Creation to Resurrection Spanish- Rosetta Stone and Speedy Spanish Primer 1 Well that's about it! I am so thankful that I get to do this!

2 comments:

  1. LOVE LOVE LOVE your meal planning idea. We spend SO MUCH money on eating out because we ran out of something or don't have a plan. Going to try your system! How often do you grocery shop though? I want to keep to our grocery budget so wondering how often you shop...thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kari, for groceries and food, I buy bulk chicken through Zaycon Foods and I buy beef from friends of ours...I go every other month to Costco/walmart to get general items like cereal/snacks/ingredients for baking/cooking and then I go to the grocery store every Friday for produce and dairy...I also food prep Friday so all the produce is cut up and in the fridge and ready to go for the week :) Hope that helps!

      Delete