Our first week of school!

Kolby and Kamryn had their first day of school today at Lynden Academy! God was so good today and so faithful in answering my prayers. All week Kamryn was full of mixed emotions. One minute she was excited for school and the next she was scared and didn't want to go. I was unsure how today would go and a little nervous for her. Kamryn may seem like a loud crazy kid but that's only when she's comfortable :) She needs a good 15-20 min to warm up to new environments or to adjust to a new situation (even if its a familiar place with people she knows) I know it's wrong but I used to get irritated and frustrated because I can't relate to how she is, but thankfully, God has been working on my heart and I have learned to have compassion and understanding...I give her the time she needs but try not to coddle her too much. Anyway, I was concerned she might lose it when I left, so I have been praying fervently this week for her and myself. We arrived 15 min early, got her situated and I stood on the side until class started, she got a little emotional and clingy as I expected but she did good when I left, praise God for that! She wanted me to come for lunch so I did and I was filled with JOY when I saw her sitting eating her lunch with a bunch of little girls. I sat at a table with Kolyn and Kam stayed with the girls but kept giving me sweet smiles as she ate her lunch. She was very quiet but said she was having a great day and really liked school. My heart was so emotional seeing my little girl, growing up before my eyes...and I thank God so much for blessing her with a great first day. I also thank God for softening my heart towards her...as a mom I think one of the hardest things for me is to figure out how to be an understanding mom who has compassion for my kids when I really can't understand or relate to them at all with some things...Kamryn and I are so different, but I love her so much and want to have a close relationship with her, where she can trust me, and know that I am there for her regardless of how different we may be. I know God will continue to help me and give me insight and understanding, I know what it comes down to is loving her like He does and appreciating how He made her. KOlby, AKA Mr. Social, had a great day too, and he loved being at school again. Homeschool went great this week too, lots of learning! It didn't begin how I had planned which I find funny because a few posts ago, I wrote about all my planning and also that I was ok with "life" happening! Well "life" sure happened Monday morning. Sunday night, Ace (our puppy) got his ear swiped by a cat...we thought by morning the bleeding would stop, well I let him go to the bathroom at 7am and he got his bandage off and got blood all over again. I was holding him because if he shook his head, blood went everywhere...Kolby and kam were up and then I heard kolyn crying in her room but I couldn't let the dog go,so kolby went to get her... I called my mom and she came over, God bless her! I got him wrapped up and took him to the vet, long story short, they couldn't get it to stop with a stitch and glue so I left him at the vet for the day...that was my morning...then we were about to start homeschool and I ran upstairs to find my dishwasher didn't seal closed and there was water over half the kitchen floor! AHHHH!!! At this point I was laughing, saying "ok God, I get it" I can plan all I want, but really I have no control over anything. It really was a great reminder for me...to my surprise I handled Monday pretty well, I only cried for minute in the craziness of things and I didn't even snap at my kids even though it was stressful (I don't know about you but that's something I struggle with too, letting my stress out on my poor kids sometimes)...we started school 2 hours late but we did it! Here are a couple comparison pics of the kids from last year...They have grown up so much in a year! I pray God helps me treasure these moments!

No comments:

Post a Comment